We have a history of sustainability, and we’re committed to protecting the environment, including locally in Annapolis. Whether it’s through our internal business practices or selling energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help strengthen the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll feel the benefits in every season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 features the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on your climate. The three below offer our best energy efficiency and protection from the elements year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 features three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This glass also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also features insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating formed from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to improve your energy efficiency.
Call your Annapolis Pella Showroom to learn about more of our insulating glass options or our best product for the Annapolis region.
Determining Energy Efficiency
You can figure your energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – multiple layers of glass provides more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between the glass panes to give increased insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home during the summer months and inside the room during the winter months; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Our Innovation for Annapolis Area Home
We’ve provided features to help our products increase your energy efficiency, including:
- Various combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Unique snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.